Saturday, June 25

Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan / Our Happy Hour

Watashitachi no Shiawase na Jikan is a manga I read a couple of weeks ago, and this people. this is the real shit. It's a real masterpiece! It made me cry that's how good it was T_T. The manga brings up thoughts about suicide and how wonderfull life really can be. No matter how down we feel if we just find love or friendship or you know, find someone to talk to, it can change everything.

This manga gives you hope and if you're suicidal READ IT....not that I think many are, but people that commit suicide is very common in Sweden unfortuneately.The story is very beutiful and even though its tragic it really moves you and it gave me something even though it's "just a manga". I can admit that some manga is just entertainment that you easily forget. Alot of people I know see manga as something very unsserious, "low value of litterature", and yes I would consider some series being that, but there are also a lot of manga I would consider genious. There are masterpieces, and in my opinion manga can be a real artform of litterature. This series is one of those. It was originally a novel by Goong Ji-Young from korea, but Sahara Mizu rewrote it and illustrated it as a manga. Well :D This is one of the best manga I've ever read so, read it. Maybe it gives you something or maybe you just hate it or whatever, but it's really good, and the illustrations are wonderfull. It consits of only 8 chapters, so its really short, but still... very good.

About

“I have something I don’t want to lose
So much so that these terrible feelings have grown.”

A pianist who attempted suicide 3 times, Juri, is taken to help her aunt at a prison where murderers who killed indiscriminately are sentenced to death. There, she meets a man named Yuu who took the lives of 3 people. A mother's antagonism--a brother's death... Together they embrace the violent rebellion in their hearts caused by the large, deep scars they carry. However, before long, they both embrace an earnest hope in their hearts. "I want to live"... from Psycho Pandas
When I searched for pictures to this post I almost started crying :C
Freaking read it people!


Love Linda :*

1 comment:

  1. I randomly search manga to kill time and happen to read this manga.really touching and I cried for the last part.huhu sad ending..

    ReplyDelete